this comes up enough that maybe Bill Cody can assemble a thread with directions on how to do this (or start a new thread) and how to INTERPRET the various results and put it in a sticky or in an easy to find archive.

We can call it the Triple Jar Test. It would be helpful to build a chart to look up results time on one axis, combinations of clear or cloudy in the jar tests in the other axis (jar 1 clear, Jar 2 and 3 cloudy, Jar 1 and Jar 3 cloudy jar 2 clear, Jar 1 and 2 cloudy, 3 clear, etc) and how to interpret or how to fix that scenario in the boxes below the axis.

I'm ready to do a jar test and it would be helpful to have a table to look up results and plan of action. I suspect I have a little bit of brownish hue from bloom as this time of year I usually have some brown hue and floating streaks of algae as lawn fert runoff and warmer pond temps do that. But I think my crayfish/goldfish, or maybe even GSH are stirring up some sediment too and would love to see how much that settles in a jar test.