The pond is currently about 1 surface acre, about 12' - 14' deep. When full, it will be about 2.7 surface acres, with a max depth of 27' - 29'. Let's just say that I was working with a deep valley! smile

The water level does not drop back to speak of, although last summer, when there was NO rain for about 80 days, I did lose about 3'. I have since gained that back. I am pretty confident though that it is not leaking...there has just been so little rain that it can't get filled up.

Now then, since I wrote this initial question, we have been fortunate to get multiple rains, although the big rainfall amounts have still been well north of us, we have had probably 3"-5" in the past 2-3 weeks. I have not been to the pond though yet to see how these rains have helped. Fingers crossed! smile

Some areas in our state have had significant flooding in the past month...our area, not so much, but at least we are getting something.

Mat - what county are you in? I am in the NE corner of Davis County, near Selma and Douds.