Originally Posted By: SetterGuy
I’ve still got it on my calendar. Looking forward to it! My little pond is still in its infancy. Looking forward to seeing a professionally built and managed pond.

"professionally built and managed pond". laugh laugh laugh

Now THAT is funny. Surprised I just noticed what SetterGuy said. You will definitely have to go some place else if you want to see a "professionally built and managed pond" but I sure hope you make it here too!

I have built all of the ponds on this place personally (although the largest 3 acre pond saw a lot of scraper and dozer seat time by a couple of good employees) but I am by no means a professional pond builder or fisheries manager. I consider myself a professional farmer and beyond that just a redneck that kind of knows how to run machinery. (the largest pond was designed on paper by a NRCS agent so was professionally designed - the other smaller ponds were designed by the seat of my pants and a laser level).

But I think the ponds turned out pretty well despite my lack of formal building and pondmeister education and I hope a lot of you all on the forum will "come see".

Last edited by snrub; 06/22/18 10:03 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine