Originally Posted By: ewest
To be clear Tracy has a very , very good lake. He works hard at it and will be successful and has already been successful. Like most of us perfect results are a goal. I don't want any reader/pond enthusiast to get discouraged because perfect is not accomplished. Its about the journey to getting good/better results (as defined by the owner).

Tracy do you have a guess on the amount of bio-mass the now missing TFS represented? That is how much room you have/had open. It can be filled (and will be) by the remaining fish. The key is how do you want that space filled , by what and to achieve what goals. The loss may well be a blessing. Those TFS were great for feeding 2 lb LMB but now you have room for larger forage to feed the 4-6+ lb class of LMB , if that is the goal. Manage the forage to meet the predator goals. Harvest accordingly.

Eric, I am at least a year behind Tracy at my BOW, my big LMB are in 2 to 4 lb range though with good RW. The 2-3 lb are feed trained N LMB, 4 lb is original stocked Fla LMB.

I've been reluctant to stock TFS due to infertility, but that appears to be much improved this year, viz now down to 30 inches. Would it make sense to go ahead now?

As for Gizzard shad, how large would the LMB need to be for this to be a reasonable move? Could N LMB ever get big enough to handle a 12 inch Gizzard shad?

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160