I use high quality utility shears, like Fiskars made in Finland, and clip fins first then go to work on the fish itself - depending on what I'm feeding that determines the cut. Walleye prefer a long, thin strip, YP and HBCP prefer nuggets, the SMB prefer something wide that takes a long time to fall in the water so they can hover under it and inhale, BG/HBG love fillets but need them smaller chunks to accommodate limited gape, and HSB hammer anything that hits the water. I feed everything but the fins - the HSB usually get the organs and the heads - I just need to toss them out 15' from the dock where they tend to cruise.

If one collects, fillets, then stores in the freezer it cuts down a lot of time and mess on the dock. Again I just clip the fins and cut the BG into various shapes with fillet knife and pack into 3# bags. Grab a bag from the freezer on the way to the farm and thaw in a bucket of pond water - in about 20 minutes they are ready to go.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]