Ive been doing some more reading here this morning regarding aeration, and as is typical for me, I've confused myself yet again.

I am intending to install an aerayion system, but my main reasoning for it, besides providing a less stratifide ecosystem, was to help with water clarity. Is my thinking in this regard going astray? Will aeration improve clarity or will it not? Where we are, we typically always have some wind, so the water in this pond is almost always moving to some degree, but at 12' deep and being a bowl, is it moving enough with natural influences to keep the bottom water from becoming stratified. I'm pretty sure it isn't, as I have witnessed it turn over, so destratification, in my mind will be accomplished with a diffuser centrally located on the bottom of the pond.

But back to my main question here....will it help with clarity? Being a new pond its devoid of any vegetation except around the bank, where some emergent grasses have started to take hold.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!