Originally Posted By: TGW1
Frank, have you noticed if the tape or big eyes cause any reaction by the GBH? I also wonder how the deer or other animals act as they approach the pond for watering?

Cormorants don't like the holographic tape one bit. Only one water turkey at the pond today, and it was perched at the opposite end from the tape, totally out of sight. Maybe it will be a different story when they get used to it, or on a calm day.

Geese don't seem to care, unfortunately. But then, I have yet to put up the scare eye balloons, maybe that will make a difference.

Something -- likely a raccoon? -- raided the goose nests last night. We found a complete egg with one side chewed out. Can't say I'll weep any tears for the geese. Whatever it was had to swim about ten yard to get to the island.

I don't know if the scare tape affects anything else other than cormorants. I've heard lots of complaints that the tape doesn't survive high winds, but it is doing just fine so far.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160