Haven't seen floating dead fish, much less half eaten ones. From what I've heard of otters, that is their calling card as they enjoy killing for sport.

Also, the larger NLMB seem to be flourishing & abundant, just the BG are missing in action. Maybe cormorants can't handle the bigger LMB, but likely they can handle just about all the BG. (If someone knows more about the fish size cormorants can eat, please inform me.)

The now seven Geese don't bother me too much, though I hate seeing them making their way to the feeder when it goes off. They love fish food, and it is expensive feeding them rather than the fish! Time to addle their eggs on the island.

I got some holographic tape and scare eye balloons which I'll have to put up & see if they help with cormorants.

So far as I can tell, no BG on beds yet. However, I'll check again in a couple of days to see if this has changed. Water cooler than at same time last year. BG in my forage pond are eating ravenously, but it warms up much faster than main lake. Also, visibility is only about a foot, so birds have a much harder time fishing there!

Last edited by anthropic; 04/05/18 10:12 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160