Frank, What a really nice lake you have! I was impressed to say the least. For others here, I made a trip to Franks place but did not really get a chance to do anything other than a short visit due to severe thunderstorms. I saw six cormorants that did not want to leave the lake and would fly only a short distance when they saw us. Also saw some nice Canadian Geese on the lake and for me personally, on a lake that size, I would not be too concerned with the geese at this time, but the cormorants would have to go. Frank, each bird will eat around two pounds of fish a day and if they have been there for awhile they eat a lot of fish. That is why Texas used to let property owners remove them. But today, now controlled by the Feds are less likely to issue permits. I once had around 85 setting on the pond one morning and after getting them to leave there were some large cnbg dead and floating, along with about 150 3" TFS and a couple of HSB. What they don't eat they kill! Another concern was the health issue u saw. I am not an expert but since u do have some cnbg in the pond, I would think not all of the cnbg were effected and that is why you are seeing some around the feeders. My cnbg are active now. They were slow around 4 weeks ago but active now. One more thing is with the Legacy lmb and the northern lmb, I would think they are also feeding on the smaller cnbg and that may also be why u r not seeing as many cnbg. Its also been awhile sine the last spawn, so I would expect to see fewer small ones right now. Oh ! They can and will eat two pound bass and that is a fact!

I don't think it would hurt anything to add your cnbg to the big pond now, IF YOU REMOVE THE DARN BIRDS! Best wishies Frank.

Last edited by TGW1; 04/05/18 07:35 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy