I will be adding alum/lime next week at 82 alum and 40 lime. I have had low visibility of 10 or 11 inches over the past 5 months which started with a dense algae bloom back around the first of Oct. I have done a jar test and it takes 6 to 7 days to clear. The water seems to be cloudy from some plankton and some clays. If I use some of Rainmans numbers @ 200 lbs per acre foot, it comes out to 81 sks of alum for the treatment. I am running another test right now using a 5 gal bucket of pond water where I added a qtr teaspoon of the crystalline alum and will ck the outcome today and will make adjustments if needed. The calculations were based on a pond that google measures as 3.12 acres with 6.5 average depth. And I came up with 20.25 acre foot. Any one see something I am not seeing here?

I got lucky when searching for alum and found 40 sks for free from a local water treatment plant. I just had to go by and pick it up. They converted to liquid and had 40 sks they wanted to get rid of, so they gave it to me. The cost for the additional pallet or 42 sks is $.64 per pound or $32.00 per 50# sk. I will be adding some fish to the pond soon and so I thought if I was going to use the alum, it would be better to use it before I add any more fish. Thoughts?

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy