Let me begin with, homework should always be done first and I was brand new to pond building.

I have a 3/4 acre pond that was dug about 2 years ago. (10-12 feet deep). Red clay and gray clay bottom. The bulldozer man said he packed at least 2 feet of red clay all the way around. I believe him. I will say I have seen some sand in a spot or two on the levee.

The pond filled up in about 2 days with a torrential flood we had. Within probably 2 months or so, all the water disappeared. I had hoped it would silt in and stop the leak/seep for lack of better thinking. This process will repeat itself throughout the summer with dry months and then a good 2 or 3 rains will mostly fill it back up.

All it takes is money, but what options are there to help stop this process? I am wondering about the Bentonite? I don't know if that's effective or more or less expensive than the liners??

Any help is much appreciated. I do have 2 kids that like to fish. I was thinking about putting bream of some type in there but can't start that until it will hold water.

Thanks for suggestions!