Originally Posted By: Daniel Powell
I don't have any experience with the 22 WMR but the 17 HMR is an awesome round. Light and fast but maybe not what you want for up close work.

I would also suggest putting a small red dot sight on 45 mount beside your scope. Then you have the 223 from long range to point blank. And the red dot makes shooting on the fly really easy.
Put the extra money into ammo!

We do have a 17 HMR that really is not the best for the coyote. It really not hard enough for them I find.

Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Don, I've had good luck with the LaRue removable mounts. If they're set up properly, the scope recenters straighter than I can shoot.

I also leave a set of Dueck 45 degree iron sights on my carbine for closer shots. If I was to do it over, I'd go with a 45 degree red dot like DPowell referenced.

Looking into the 45 side mount for the 223. It think that is the trick for this year.

Do like the idea of the 10-22 clip our 223 bolt action needs to be loaded from the top and each round needs to be cycled out every time we get in and out of the truck. Real pain in the A$$. The 10-22 clip just pops out and if we didn't need to rack one its empty in seconds.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.