dhadam - My comment was not real clear for "IMO your main management at this point should focus on not having too high of a total fish biomass and this will result is less winter stress of the pond’s fishery and healthier fish going into spring."
I should have stated your FUTURE main management from this point forward should focus on maintaining not too high of fish biomass going into winter. I say this because fish grow, poundage increases and fish reproduce which in combination almost always adds fish biomass to the pond ecosystem and a harsh winter is usually the hardest season for healthy survival of one's fish.

I, we assume that since you have trout you feed pellets. This significantly increases the total poundage of fishes (biomass and BOD) in the pond. Then management and fish harvest becomes important in producing a healthy, high quality fishery.

Keep us updated at least annually about the progress of your ponds and the fishery. You have an interesting and somewhat unusual pond management situation that others can learn from your experiences.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 12/21/17 10:36 AM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management