Delve in we shall...

I never said you asked the question. But you still responded angrily to my answers, even though they were not directed towards you.

When I said I thought something was out of kilter, and I needed time to collect my thoughts, I wasn't just talking about the conference. I'm talking about the conference, the magazine, and even the forum. In my opinion, all three have really began favoring a certain segment....affluent pond owners. When I read a story in the mag about someone building a 35 acre lake, with waterfalls, petting zoos, three story floating docks, wetbar, whatever....then read where it took an entire fleet of earthmovers three weeks working round the clock seven days a week to gouge the thing out, and we haven't even touched on the stocking plan...$$$$$$$$

Well, that is so far removed from what I consider pond reality, that it becomes kinda' ridiculous in my eyes. And I'm betting that for every one of those pond high rollers, there's hundreds of down-to-earth pond owners, with a one acre BOW, working overtime every week to make ends meet. Contrary to what some may believe, there are a great many pond owners who do not have the disposable income to spend on a conference. I don't know of ONE pondowner who would entertain the idea of flying someone out to consult onsite. Not one. Sure, I get the appeal of playing to the high rollers...I totally do. And making money is what business is about, plain and simple. But why are we wondering about low attendance, and low subscription rates? It just seems obvious to me. Maybe a little more consideration for the common pondowner, with his or her goals.

And let me aid your digestion of how all this helps pondboss......it doesnt. I'm not here to help pondboss, I'm trying to help other pondmeisters when I can. Pondboss doesn't need my help. Or at least it shouldn't.

Finally, lets talk payment. No, I do not subscribe. No, I do not support the forum any longer. When I decided earlier this year to stop subscribing, I did contact Bob and donate the cost of a subscription to a member who was unable to afford one himself. I asked for it to remain anonoymous. Maybe the donor you spoke of earlier is me, I don't know. I felt that just because I didn't see the value any longer, didn't mean that someone else wouldn't. And I told Bob so.

I don't figure this thread will survive much longer, so whatever. If someone is enamored with Pondboss, that's great, no problem on my end. I have learned a great deal from my time spent here, and really do appreciate the info. But I feel I settled any debt owed some time ago.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.