Great question Bill, I'd love to know too.

...and Ewest stimulating scientific discussion or discovery was my intention in reposting part of Deb's post. I certainly don't want to stir up trouble. She was very well-intentioned in her explanation and seemed well informed too. It is a mystery that only 2 people in the world knew the truth about how these fish were made, but that is what folklore is made from.

This all happened before I was on pondboss so this is new info to me. It seems that good people took the situation seriously and wanted to know how it worked. If 2 biology research stations wanted to do research on GG fish that means someone else took it seriously as well.

Can someone research how far those studies in VA and OH went? Or maybe they never got started?

Bill asks a fabulous question, maybe the new folks on the forum can work together in a productive fashion and what we learn together can start new experiments in hybrid-hybrids!

Are there any GG alive for testing? It sounds like PB member FISHFAN has some or had some in his pond?

A while back there was a thread about a new super hybrid panfish (bluegill) developed and sold in Arkansas that again was top secret and was given a special name and was only sold by one fish farm. That thread never really took off but I wonder if that fish farm is finding success with their unique hybrid-hybrid?

Edit... I did some digging and found the fish was called the Southern Specklebelly Sunfish. The SSS smile Still is for sale if you consult Google. I'd love to hear some real life stories on how it grows, and if customers are happy.