The pond was stocked 3 yrs ago (Overtons fisheries cnbg) this coming November using around 1,000 cnbg per acre along with some res. They were stocked primarily for lmb forage. I added more Res (1,800 total) the following February.(I never catch one) So, yesterday afternoon 45 min before the feeders went off, I used a 7'cast net and made several cast near all 3 of the feeders and I would catch around 5 to 6 female cnbg up to 7.5" with most of them being in the 5 to 6" size. I did see an occasional small male in the 5" range but most were female in the net. I am not sure what that tells me other than the male may be more aggressive or faster swimming in order to get to the bait sooner than a female. Or maybe the female is smarter than the male and recognizes the fishing lure where the male does not. PS, no way I am telling my wife I think the female might be smarter. lol And where were the large males that I catch when fishing in the same area? Maybe they are faster swimmers and able to outswim the females when a net comes into play.

Last edited by TGW1; 09/27/17 06:44 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy