Hello,
I have a 3.5 acre pond that has a pretty steep hill leading up to the pond bank in a main area that we use to view the pond. It is about 12 feet down the hill and about 10 feet of drop. This bank is problematic for me as it always grows up in weeds and saplings and it's very unsightly and impossible to mow. I have been thinking of spraying the hillside with roundup(careful not to get near the water, then weedeating and raking the hillside, cover it with landscape cloth, anchor it the probably add some boards to run horizontally (to help hold in the mulch) then add 4" of wood chip mulch.
This would solve several problems but I worry that the run off of water that filters through the mulch may be to high in nitrogen. I know that wood chips above ground enhance the ground. Not sure about the pond though. I plan to add aeration but have not yet. The pond does get a little FA. There is also a lot of duck weed and some American pond weed and coon tail. I don't want to cause a negative reaction. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks,
gethooked
3.5 acre lmb, wc, bc, bg & re

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.