One approach to get more forage BG would be to create a small pond of 1/10th acre or bigger next to your lake. Stock it with only CNBG and RES. Put one of your feeders on it.

Within a year you would have CNBG big enough to escape your LMB predation in your lake. Start catching as many 6"+ BG as you can from the new forage pond and throw them into the lake. Do this for several years. This would help your forage situation out in your main lake.

I have a 1/10th acre pond without any predators and it is amazing how many BG you can raise and how fast they will grow with no predators and with plenty of feed.

Eventually this small pond will over populate with BG and stunt. But before that happens you will have been able to raise hundreds if not thousands or adult size BG to get your lake populated with BG big enough your LMB will not instantly devour them.

When you get to that point, throw a few LMB in the tiny pond and let them feast. The pond will have fulfilled its purpose.

I'm no expert. Just the way I would approach it rather than trying to buy thousands of dollars of advanced size BG stockers.

The tiny pond could become a kids pond or cull fish pond after it has raised all the adult BG you need to stock your lake.

Last edited by snrub; 07/21/17 09:17 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine