Originally Posted By: Flame
just came back in from pumping again today 30 minutes as suggested. Good news I think... had a smell on start up though not as strong. It lasted about 15 minutes. Last 15 minutes I really could not smell anything. Sounds like it is improving. I did notice something I'm not sure is right... My pump is 20 ft from the waters edge. I ran regular 3/8th inch automotive airhose to the waters edge and spliced into the weighted airline right at the waters edge. I have 3 air hoses. I enclosed the 3 in a 2 inch pvc pipe 20 ft long to reach the pond edge. Only about one foot of hose is sticking out of the pvc pipe closest to the pump. What I noticed is this air hose is getting pretty darn hot,even running only 30 minutes. I can hold on to it with my hand but does that sound normal? I guess it doesn't help the 90 degree sun was cooking on it too? I live in a town of 800 people and don't have anybody close by to see how there pumps are doing. Should I wrap some insulation around these hoses to help? Maybe enclosing the 3 hoses that close together in the pipe is causing too much heat.

Flame, what psi is the gauge reading on the aeration system? I'm guessing that it is the sun, but LMK the psi.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).