Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: TGW1
......So, as Bill Cody has said, little information on such things here, And so keeping this in mind, how would one might approach this? Would hyb crappie be a way to approach this or will they revert back to just crappie? Is it possible to select sex of a crappie, like Shorty does with RES? Any idea's here? I am thinking out loud here guys

Tracy

Also thinking out loud here....I would consider stocking a limited number of BCP (both sexes). Their spawn and successive size classes will provide additional forage for every size class of LMB. By limiting stocking to a small number, you might avoid the crappie over population issue. I would think stocking single sex or limited reproductive crappie would be kind of like stocking trout or Tilapia in that they will require supplemental stocking.

I hope Pat W. sees this thread. If I'm not mistaken, his pond is stocked with LMB, BCP, CNBG and GSH? I would like to hear if he has seen any signs of BCP over population in his 5 acre.

Bill have not seen any signs of any BCP recruitment at all from the initial spawn the first year. This is going on year 4