I don't have much luck in doing searches on here as the site does not recognize me when I try to do a search. Hopefully you guys have better luck.

What do you need to know about pellet trained bass? They are readily available anymore if you get them above 4 or 5 inches as it is more economcial for a hatchery to feed them pellets than live feed.

I raise them in cages at first, and then flip the cages over when they reach 10 to 12 inches, and leave the cages in place for a while to get them to stay in the are for feeding. If you don't have any other predator fish you can plant them without the cages, but you will have to make an effort to throw feed out on a regular basis in one spot until you get a pattern going. I feed them at least once a day many times twice although last year they were more interested in feeding only in the evening. For a half acre pond I would only put in about 50 or 60 at a time.

You will get faster growth with bass you feed and you want to use high protein low carbohyrate feed. I am now using a salmon or steelhead diet from Nelson and Sons Silver Cup feeds in Utah. Aquamax and other Purina feeds are too high in carbs and cause fatty livers and lower survival in winter.

Do not feed bass in water under 55 F. and you will get about a pound or more gain in growth a year which is faster than natural fed bass. They will also hit artificals and will still feed on forage fish if given the chance.

If a small bass pond is your goal this is the way to go.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.