I firmly agree that the PB search function can be hit or miss and that googlin the topic with "Pondboss" is a good way to go.

My original point is that I could see myself (and many others)writing up step by step guidelines for who knows what, but we need a way to collect it so its not mixed in with the conversation threads which makes it hard to find. I remember a thread on a dock build that many people could benefit from, I think BrianL wrote it. I bet it would take some time for me to find it. If I could google "DIY dock site:pondboss.com" I would get all the threads here that describe a dock build. Not to mention when I don't even know if the DIY thread exists, I'll give up after 10 minutes of searching on PB and go elsewhere to find help. Per Rainman the "DIY" might not work because its less than 4 letters. If PB could come up with a four letter, or more, buzz word for DIY (like "DoItYourself" or "HowTo")and the moderators would be willing to insert it in the thread title if the OP did not, we would be onto something.

If this is too much of a pain or not that important to the majority of the members/moderators, Its not a buzz kill for me. I just thought it would be cool and a way to encourage more technical writing.

Fish on!,
Noel