^^^ What was said above. Plus working on the windmill when it needs it will be a pain. Compressors don't fail when it's nice, calm and sunny out, and working 20' up in the air, or getting 3-4-5 guys to tip over a windmill to work on it isn't any fun.

re: Koenders. I found out earlier this year that their windmills and compressors furnish 1.1 cfm of air, and it's only the newest ones that furnish double that amount of air. Since their model numbers haven't changed, I don't know how to tell what specific compressor furnishes the greater volume of air.

I have a situation now where the client buried approximately 600' of 3/8" tubing going to his pond and he is using a Koenders EL2 electric compressor. Motor failed, I replaced the motor, having to buy one aftermarket because Koenders doesn't sell them as replacement parts. Compressor works, no air coming from diffuser. If I use a regular air compressor, and drop PSI to 5 psi, air comes out of the diffuser. ?????

I believe there is a leak somewhere in the underground line that is allowing some air to leak out, and the EL2 does not furnish enough volume of air to overcome the leak and have enough air going to the one diffuser in 5' of water to operate the diffuser. I have a feeling the shovel will be getting a lot of use in a few weeks.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).