Here was my deer feeder when my pond was restored...

This first picture was the first placement. I wrapped/taped heavy plastic around the barrel so feed dropped straight down into the square ring over deeper water. Note the "land on the far left of the feeder...that is what will be a submerged island under 2-3 feet of water dropping off quickly into 8-10 foot depths...

After the pond filled, and flooded the feeder along with 150 pounds of feed, I moved the feeder to the island, and here is a pic of gills feeding....After digging out 100+ pounds of feed that had molded due to being so exposed to constant moisture and heat from sunshine inside the barrel...I used 10' long steel pipe as legs, anchored into the island. The feeder was solid, but the boat wasn't. Bare in mind that repeatedly moistened feed, that doesn't regularly clog the cone, can produce mold... that will possibly feed your fish a lethal dose of mycotoxins....

This is a picture of the 4th, and last time I screwed with a deer feeder on a tripod...This was at 2' ABOVE the normal full pool. All in all, I replaced 6 electronic timer deer feeders, fell into the water (with 50#bags of feed) about 8 times and finally said screw it on the "cheap" substitute that cost more than a good Texas Hunter in the end.

Last edited by Rainman; 03/19/17 11:12 PM.