posted April 23, 2004 07:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave:

In the particular situation of my old pond... I wanted to accomplish several different things.

First, I wanted to let a hord of tresspassers know that the pond was drained. People were coming from 30 miles away and walking a mile to fish this pond. I figured letting them drive that far and walk into a drained, grown up pond was good for them. ;-)

Second, I wanted to do a major overhaul with regard to the pond design and etc. The pond dam had trees on it probably three feet in diameter and several feet of siltation / muck on the bottom.

Third, I wanted to start completely from zero in restocking it.

Fourth, I already owned a trackhoe and it was expeditious. Rest assured though, there is no way I'm going to cut through the dam of my new pond just because I have a trackhoe handy! ;-)

Jeff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 119 | From: Illinois | Registered: May 2003 | IP: Logged

Rangersedge
Lunker
Member # 584

posted April 23, 2004 07:22 PM
Oops! Must have hit new topic instead of reply to breaking the dam thread. Can someone move this to that thread and then delete this one? Thanks! Jeff
Posts: 119 | From: Illinois | Registered: May 2003 | IP: Logged

Ric Swaim
Lunker
Member # 523

Member Rated:
posted April 23, 2004 08:36 PM
Rangersedge,
You can highlight your post right click & copy open a reply window in the other thread right click & paste.
Since you started this thread you can delete it.

[ April 23, 2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Ric Swaim ]

--------------------
Ric

Posts: 318 | From: Surry Co NC | Registered: Apr 2003 | IP: Logged

Dave Davidson
Lunker
Member # 61

Member Rated:
posted April 25, 2004 10:13 PM
Jeff, I love your idea about letting trespassers walk a long way for nothing. You have a very admirable mean streak.
Posts: 528 | From: Hurst & Bowie Texas | Registered: Apr 2002 | IP: Logged

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]