Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: justinchandler
My local fish farm says my original stock should be pushing 3 lbs. and the 15-16" range.

While that would be possible, I don't think that without supplemental feeding and stocking BG/CNBG/RES at a rate of 3,000 fish per 100 LMB per surface acre it would be possible.

And even if it was possible, I don't believe that level of production would be sustainable long-term.

Those 200 bass that you stocked would have had to consume approximately 6,000# of fish between June 2015 and Feb, 2017 to be pushing 3 pounds each, which means that your pond would have to produced well over 6.500 pounds of fish in 20 months, which is 325 pounds of fish per month.

I didn't see if you were feeding and aerating. Even with doing both of those, producing that kind of biomass takes intensive management. LMB producers here feel good if they produce 5,000 pounds of fish in 24 months (i.e. 208#/mo.), and that is with intensive feeding, aerating and management programs in place.

I do feed, but do not aerate. I actually just went and tossed some in to see what would happen, and 6" CNBG went wild.