I would imagine a near identical conversation took place in the early seventies, with the introduction of electronic ignition in automobiles. Lots of folks buying up last year's models, out of fear of change. I KNOW it happened with the demise of carburetor engines, as I was neck deep involved with it.

There's always that distrust of new technology, that fear of the unknown, the apprehension regarding the genie that lives within the black box with the wires running to it. And in truth, there are often bugs and glitches that must be identified and corrected before everything works like it did in simulation.

But this is where we need to be accurate and honest with ourselves regarding intended usage. Using myself as an example, I haven't had my butt in a tractor seat for 8 weeks or so. Now I'm assuming that should I purchase a new unit, I will probably spend more time on it, at least in the beginning. So let's assume 2 hours a week, for a total of 100+ hours a year. The engine will regen every 50 hours, so there you go. Someone else stated 200 hours a year. There's 4 regen cycles a year.

Is it better to have commercial industrial equipment? It will probably be built heavier, this is true. But do I really need it for 200 hours a year? And what happens when tier 4 is all that's left? Do I just quit buying equipment? It's coming boys, matter of fact it's already here.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.