Originally Posted By: BlueCatBrad
Thanks. I need to add a correction also that evidently he stocked it with blues and channels.

Well I can't drain the pond completely without getting a backhoe and busting out the damn. I have a friend with a big seine net that I'm trying to get to come over to clean house for me. Friends of mine have told me to remove all the big cats and remove all the bass, let the bream population rebuild and then add my predatory fish. It's what im leaning towards doing but I hate for this big cats to go to waste. I know it took a while to grow them. But I also know they're probably eating everything in the pond at this point

IMO since draining is not an option, anything you can do to get rid of those big BC and as many of the stunted LMB as you can is on the right track. IMO you will see the BG start to recover when you get that done.

With respect to seining, do you have brush piles, rock piles, heavy vegetation or other obstacles that could get in the way of the seine? Maybe an irregular bottom that could provide deeper pockets for the fish to hide in?

Those big BC and stunted LMB will not go to waste if you have a sharp knife and a hearty appetite!

Last edited by Bill D.; 02/04/17 09:18 PM. Reason: After thought

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!