To tell you how much air you need to turnover this pond you are not providing enough basic info for me to do the estimates. Needed: A. air flow of pump in cfm which has some to do with the hp.
we will assume diffusers are at 15ft deep (~7.5psi). You say you want to use two membrane diffusers. How big (dia) are they? Are they disk, tube, or homemade? What are the pore sizes of the holes / slits? Some brands are better than others. They are all factors.

I can tell you that for 4cfm, 4 diffusers ganged together with 1cfm going to each or all 3.5-4cfm to the 'gang' will turn over the 0.66 ac pond two times faster than 2 diffusers. Some diffusers will operate well with 0.5 cfm which means if your pump produces 4cfm at 15ft deep you could operate 6-8 diffusers, not just two. Putting too much air volume into a diffuser expands the slits / holes larger and this lowers the efficiency of the diffuser.

If you are really interested in efficiency use 4 diffusers instead of 2. A gang of 5 vertex 9" dia disk diffusers using 4 cfm will turnover your pond once every 2 hrs. Thus 4 hrs of pump run time a day should be all the aeration your pond should need daily Apr-Nov. Your GAST compressor if in new condition and well maintained should then last a minimum of 15-18yrs on the first set of carbon vanes. However you 'smoked' your compressor once by not having a pressure relief valve, so my estimates don't mean much.

I also rebuild GAST pumps. If the pump is maintained properly and the diffuser is sized properly for the pond size and volume where it does not have to run 24/7 your GAST pump should last 20 years not 2! My rotary is 18 yrs old on the 1st set of vanes. The vanes have a typical life span of 10000 hrs at 10 psi; comparatively longer if pump runs less than 10psi. Motor bearing standard life is 30000 hrs and longer when not running at 10psi. Normally you should go through 3 sets of vanes before the bearings go bad assuming GOOD maintenance. Believe who you want.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/04/17 02:41 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management