i don't have much of an intake filter, just a foot valve for a well. the holes look to be 1/4" or less. there a gsf in the stream and it is kind of a concern. there are a few in my pond now. the little stream i used for my pond had a few in it when i back it up. i have caught a few while fishing off the dock. but very few. i do have lmb in the pond, so i don't think i'll have a problem with them.

the plants i am not sure about. i do have a little chara in the pond. i don't see anything in the stream that looks like chara, but who knows. i have already treated it with cutrine.

i have a plan for next year on how my intake/footvalve gets water from the creek. i have a piece of concrete well casing that i'd like to stand upright in the water. knock a few holes in to it near the bottom so water can enter. i know it wouldn't be 100% but i would think it should limit the chances of fish getting in.

it's sad my options are a really low pond or a chance of introducing something unwanted during this drought.

Scott Hanners