So I have had a small forage pond which I stocked with 50 LCS in fall of 2014 and I would like to collect some of the larger ones to stock into my main pond. half of the forage pond is very shallow but I only see activity in the shallow area when the LCS are spawning. Since I cannot guarantee that I will be at the farm when the LCS go shallow I was hoping to catch some in the next week or two while they are in the deep area of the pond. What would the best way be to catch them?

Travis always said they were hard to catch in a trap but perhaps with the right fish food in the trap I could get them? I also remember him saying they were too fast to be caught in a cast net. I am hoping that the relatively small area of this forage pond means I might be able to snag a few with a cast net. Here are some pictures of the pond when it was filling up in 2014:

The picture "Pond1" is from the dam when the pond was 3' from full pool.

"Pond3" shows the dam and the "deeper" part in front that I was hoping to be able to throw a cast net.

"Pond4" is from the corner of the dam, most of the dirt is now submerged.

If anyone has snagged any LCS without using a seine net (which I might have to resort to...) please let me know how!

Attached Images
pond1.JPG pond3.JPG pond4.JPG