The more I trap and catch fish out of my forage pond (that should only have RES, FHM and GS in it) the more I am convinced there is some GSF genes that are showing up in the offspring. I just see some faint green bars below the eyes on some of them and those green flecks in the body. Then occasionally will get one without those markings and it looks like a pure RES. They all look like RES genetics because the orange/red ear tab is just too solid looking to not be RES. GSF have a more translucent border. No BG in this pond.

Tis puzzling. Fortunate for me is that I wanted some GRES hybrids. I just did not think it was going to be from this pond. smirk The adult RES I catch from this pond look like pure RES. I have been transferring quite a number of the fingerlings over to my main pond so as they grow and I catch them again either they will look more like pure RES or if they are hybrids I should be able to better tell.

Some pictures below. Sun was so bright my phone did not always take the best pictures. Also a picture of one of the brood stock that likely created some of the fingerlings.

Attached Images
IMGA1818.JPG IMGA1809.JPG IMGA1812.JPG IMGA1813.JPG IMGA1814.JPG IMGA1815.JPG IMGA1817.JPG IMGA1825.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 09/02/16 11:15 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine