Well, I figured out this weekend what my feeder issue was. The coons had pulled hard enough on the cable going from the solar panel to the battery that they loosened it. The gap led to water leak, from the big rains we've been having lately. When I was up there on Friday, I opened up the feeder, and caught the whiff of rotten feed. I took 5gal buckets down and took out all the wet feed. I was very conservative. Any feed suspected of being wet, or near the wet stuff was discarded.
The feeder worked fine with the "good/dry" feed. It didn't broadcast the same volume in 4 seconds as the older Optima. Easy fix was just to add 8 seconds to the feed time. Now it runs for 12 seconds. Re-sealed the power cable. Hoping for trouble free feeding the rest of the summer. The fish love it, that's for sure. Caught mostly HBG over the weekend, but a few YP also. No SMB, or HSB. Did catch a RES, those are pretty fish.
Water at the surface was pretty warm. Down a few inches though, it was still pretty cool.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023