I have an old metal standpipe in my pond. We moved here with the pond already existing. I am not certain about when the pond was built, but I assume in the 60's - 70's. My husband went out to unclog the standpipe and it broke off. We aren't sure how far down but since treating the algae bloom, we are losing water rapidly. It sounds like a bathtub filling up and water is gushing out the other side of the overflow pipe. Is there any way to decommission this standpipe without draining the entire pond? We tried to put a seal over the pipe, and worked but then we began finding seepage and leaking around the pipe. In fear of losing the entire dam, we removed the seal and the pond is now draining as mentioned above. It is well stocked with large bass and brim and grass carp and maybe others. We don't want to lose all the fish. Any suggestions? Also, once the standpipe is decommissioned, what type of overflow would be recommended? We do have an emergency spillway (just a sloped area to the side of the dam - no pipe or plastic) in addition to the standpipe.