Well, it's been a while since I've posted, but the danged thing is built, or dug or whatever and man is it gorgeous. Close to 1/7 acres, triangle shaped, sloping from maybe 4 feet at the shallow end to about 17' at the dam. I've kept track of all the stuff that happened, and it was actually a lot of fun...stressful, but fun.

Bob (dozer guy) built a heckuva nice beach, an island and lots of structure utilizing the 2 concrete slabs that needed removed.

For all you handy guys, keep this in mind. I got hold of several sections of "warehouse" type shelving, infinitely adjustable in height that span about 13 feet and stand equally as high. This kind goes together like an erector set and uses 2x4's for actual shelves. I am building a 35 foot long bridge over the finger nearest the house. The main "pillars" are concreted in now so the as the water comes up I can finish it at my own pace.

Oughta be pretty interesting and allow a few older friends of mine to get out and fish some of the best structure.

I've got a few pictures (not digital, so I'll have to transfer them soon) and will take some more once the other guy gets back with my digital camera. Can I actually post those here, or do I need to do something else to show them to you???

I tend to ramble, so just tell me to shut up...once I post this that is.

Matt Clark

In a lifetime, the average driver will honk 15,250 times. My wife figures I'm due to die any day now...