First off, let me apologize for any tone that may have been perceived in one of my previous responses. I respect and appreciate all inputs. Even the ones that initially may damage my pride, they sink in over time.

- moving forward....

How many male BG would you guys recommend? I currently do not know how to distinguish the males from females. I do have a nearby pond that I could pull them from but that sounds like it is not recommended. There is a fishery about 45 minutes in Coshocton, Ohio. They advertise large BG. I could call and see if 1. I can buy exclusively males and 2. check to see if they are food trained. Of course that means I need to find a feeder and source of food. I am certainly not against this since I put a lot toward feeding my resident deer herd.

Should I take the opportunity to build the forage base and put in more minnows? How many and what types?

What would be the recommended feed rate for my startup pond? Any recommendations on feeders. I would need one that would work from a bank as I do not currently have any piers or structures overhanging the water.