You are very welcome. I have gained a lot from this forum. I like it when I am able to give back.

Edit:
I think I have figured out what caused one of the two diffusers on the dual diffuser base to quit putting out air. I never had any problem till one time I was trying to clean the diffusers by shocking them by a change of air flow. I had never had any problem shutting the pump on and off to do it. But one time I just pulled the hose off the pump. This allowed the air to rush back out the line at the pump end rapidly. The Matala diffusers have an internal knob on the disk that acts as a check valve. When pressure is released the disk pushed against the inlet in the middle of the disk to keep water from flowing back up the hose. I think what happened is when I pulled the hose off it collapsed the disk so rapidly that the check valve got stuck slightly in the inlet. Since my pumps are running on the low end of required CFM per disk, there simply was not enough pressure to pop the disk back open where it was stuck in the check valve. Once I got it out of the water and put a little more air to it, the stuck disk started working easily. Had I had a pump with more capacity, I don't think I would have had any problem. Lesson learned is that I don't want to remove the hose at the pump and let the membrane collapse rapidly and likely will never have the problem again.

Last edited by snrub; 06/17/16 10:45 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine