I have what will be a 1.75 acre pond after some work on the dam, and 50 yards away from it, another .65 acre pond. I'll call the 1.75 pond A, and the .65 pond B. There is horse stalls in between. My question is will this DIY work? I am going to aerate both ponds hopefully with 1 pump in the horse stable. My plan is to run a Thomas 2660 to a PSI gauge, then to an air valve system. From the valve system I want to hook up PVC, weighted hose, and then to 3 9" membrane diffusers.

Pond A run- It hits the water after 25 yards after the dam work is completed. The 1st trunk line of PVC run will go about another 25 yards and hits a 4 way. One run to the left, one run to the right, and one run about another 250 ft forward. Left run - 50ft of PVC and then I want to run 25 ft of weighted hose, then to a 9" membrane diffuser,...(the hose is so I can swing it under my dock for the winter). Right run - 100ft of PVC and then 25ft of weighted hose, then to diffuser. Center run 250ft of PVC 25ft of hose to diffuser.

Pond B run- It hits the water in 25 yards. The main PVC trunk line to a 3 way. 5 ft of weighted hose from the 3 way to a 9" diffuser. Then to the right another PVC run for about 150ft to 5ft of hose to 9" diffuser.

Question, will that pump be strong enough? Specs listed are 4.5 CFM and 45 max PSI.

Last edited by For the Family; 05/04/16 10:59 PM.

God has blessed us with this day, what we do with it is up to us.