Robert: Thanks for your advice. One of the greatest things about this forum is that you can hear pros and cons of everything from crappie to cane. Many of the canes I read about are listed as "aggressive", but it sounds like they need certain moisture, temperature, etc. conditions to survive. I'll be able to bushhog entirely around my lake. That said, I've never actually seen any "live", but we do have cattails and some other kind of reed grass that grow rampant around wet areas. I'll have concerns if they spread by air carried seed. If they just spread by rhizomes and don't grow in the water, I'm not too concerned. Wisconsin... Hmmm... Any grass shrimp up that way? Are you down this way often? ;-)

Ric: Some of the varieties of bamboo sound pretty neat. I'm a little surprised how expensive they are given that they are classified as aggressive spreaders, but maybe it wouldn't take that many. They could be a neat addition. I still wonder how much water they take, if they leave a lot of debris in the water, and what type of market there is around here for the bamboo products. I am naturally inclined to order some different varieties including the biggest, but I am a little concerned that it might make my lake more obvious to people driving past. I am also a bit concerned that they would withstand the temperatures here.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]