Welcome, Flyfisher11!

I feel your pain! My pond is two acres and I've culled over 3000 in 3 years. Cleaned them all, of all sizes and treated many friends and family to some good fish fry's!

Some days we could catch 100 or more! This tub I keep in the pond to collect the BCP and LMB I want out, then introduce them to the filet knife and frier!

Although there's still some Crappie in the pond, I believe my predators (LMB and HSB), many now at the 4-6 lb range are preventing or at least should control any "boom" spawn by the BCP should there be one. My biggest concern is the impact they can/will/do have on my YOY BG.

I continue to catch and remove them but it's not the BCP infested pond it used to be.

If I had my choice and it were my pond (I'm leasing), I would have started completely over to achieve a goal of what I wanted for the pond. Much easier, less stressful and more fun to manage that way!

BTW, I really like the idea of NP going to town on the Crappie! Talk about cleaning house! smile

PS - I agree on reaching out to TJ, he knows what he's doing and eager to help! And what part of Nebraska are you in?

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 04/10/16 09:49 AM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES