If money is an object, I sure can't complain about my SportWorks UTV. They are made here below the border in Indiana and Louisiana by a golf-cart manufacturer.

Mine has a 13.9 HP Honda electric-start gasoline engine, that can easily be manually started with a pull cord if the battery is dead.

It came standard with roll bars, a roof, and removable/fold-down windshield. It has front and back standard 2" receivers for hitches. I keep my front hitch dedicated to a standard 4-pin flat connector trailer electrical connection that allows me to slip in a winch that operates the snow plow.

I sure have done a lot of hauling, trailer pulling, and snow plowing with this little unit over the 4-5 years I've owned it.

No, it won't go 65 mph. It ain't diesel. It isn't a brand name. I got mine through Tractor Supply for about U$4000.

It is a 2WD unit, with a lockable rear axle. After the first snow season, I quit using chains on the tires because I found that with my rather steep 1/2 mile driveway, the aggressive rubber tires do better without the chains.

It has a decent dump bed, that has an option for an electric lift to allow easier unloading.

It will haul most any trailer-hitch size utility trailer I hook up to it.

If you don't have to overcome engine power and name-recognition ego, these aren't bad units to own.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!