I will tell you I am rough on the ones I have had. My first was the a Polaris 800 Ranger. I had gone to the Sports Show that is held in Shreveport or Bossier City every year. I met the most honest salesperson I ever met. He sold the JD Gator and I liked the UTV. In the discussion, he asked if I had water on the property and I told him some of the land was bottom land and so he told me of the problems JD was having with the Gator's and water. He pointed out a small hole in the rear axel assembly and told me if water ever got in, the utv would die and not restart until the water had dried inside this axil area. He also pointed out the air intake was at my ankle, inside the cab and said water could enter here, Bad deal!! I could not believe my ears, he talked me out of buying the Gator. I found a Polaris 800 with all the bells and whistles, Jacked up, big Mudder wheels etc. etc. I bought this unit and owned it for one year where it was in the shop almost as often as it was out. The biggest problem was it overheated in the summer and would shut down leaving me stranded on the back side of the property. Tried all the fixes that was recommended on the net and by the end of the summer I got rid of it. Now, I go back and review all the reviews and again the Polaris is rated as the one to buy. So I bought the 900 Ranger, with all mossy oak camo paint job. I told them to leave everything Stock. I loved the unit, it never overheated (they moved the motor to under the dump bed, instead of under the seat. The ride was really smooth. I was happy with my new buy. Wrong!! I took it into the shop last week and walked out with a $1700.00 repair bill and that did not include any repairs to the transmission. It will only ride in 4 wheel drive, two wheel does not work properly, jumps in and out of gear. I hardly ever drove it in two wheel, so the dealer(not the one purchased from) discovered the problem. I told him don't fix it I could not afford another fix. I could, but I am not going to do it because I rarely use 2 wheel dr. My two neighbors own Mules and I have driven mules, not what I was looking for but I may own one one day, they seam to be the workhorse, but sorry to say they ride and drive like a workhorse. I have looked at the Kubota butt!! I have decided I need a tank @ my place or a stack of money.

Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 04/02/16 07:45 AM. Reason: additions

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy