Guys, This male was caught on Lake Fork in it hay days. Lots and Lots of big fish caught during that time. It was not uncommon back them for me to go out and catch 10 fish per day in the 5 to 9 lb range. Even in June, a post spawn. The spawning there usually took place in early March and ran through end of April. So we decided this was a male due to the looks of the fish. A 27"er would have been a bigger fish if it would have been a female. Lake fork fish were always short and fat, this fish was long and muscular (had shoulders). Like all have said here, it's hard to distinguish male verses female, but this fish looked like a male, and the marina(Minnow Bucket Marina) weighed big fish every day and even they thought it was a male. Lake Fork was monitored closely by the TP&W and worked hand and hand with the marinas and Texas A&M on many studies of big bass in Texas in the early 90's. The lake still holds the Texas record bass and has since that time. 18+lbs. California had bigger but Fork produced more on any given day. If I told of some of my fishing days then, many would think they were fish stories but they are still to day unbelievable. smile

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy