Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Great to hear you still have some perch in there SG. They are quite funny mid summer to late fall on the bite. I expect you to have many more original stockers then you think in there.

Just got back from my golf trip and the ice is just out on our pond. Will be placing branches (apple) today.

Apple here grow really complex and tight.

Cheers Don.

I do have more original stockers than I thought. I put down the wrong type branches, way to spindly, and open. I could have used briars..
The water temp hit 58, over the last two very warm (70*) days. They are laying ribbons everywhere. There's 10 different ribbons within 20' of the dock, all laying on the bottom.
I can see most are pretty dull, so I'm assuming no viable eggs. However, some have an almost iridescent section here or there. Hoping I'll get some recruitment.
Almost all were along the western bank.
I think this pic shows three different ribbons. Thanks again everyone, for all excellent advice. I'll be much better prepared for next spring.
FYI, Rainman arrived yesterday with many more YP, brought them in just in case, I had lost too many from the original stocking. Heck of a guy, to do that.
Thanks,
Rex

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023