Well the project is getting ready to take off. After alot of research I have ordered the parts I will need to begin.

I bought a 1200 gph pump. The lift to the waterfall should only be 2-3 feet so expect 850ish gph out the waterfall. I also bought a premade waterfall that comes with biological filters (bacteria) and such. So I should be turning my 200 gallon pond over every 15 minutes roughly. Also found an online design for a settling tank next to waterfall (but also hidden by rocks) that should help with fish waste. Also planting alot of plants. 2-3 water lilies, hyacinth, and water lettuce. The hyacinth and water lettuce will have to be rebought every year (not planning on storing inside during winter) but they are cheap and supposed to be great filters for nitrates and nitrites. Water lilies will be planted in pea gravel instead of potting soil to get roots to have water flow. Water Lilies should provide good spawning structure for fatheads.

I am going to take it slow this year and add about 4-5 dozen FHM. I want to see how they spawn and if I can work my way up to 2-3 pounds being sustained. I might even add one BG to see how big I can grow it , should be a smorgasbord.

Gonna break ground this weekend if we don't get rained out. I'll try to post pics.

Last edited by MaxH; 03/09/16 05:29 PM.