Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
If you are seeing floating feed along the pond edges you are feeding too much food. Wasted food usually deteriorates to eventually over fertilize the pond to grow excess FA. Shorten feeder times until no food ends at the shoreline. I don't believe rest of the YP were hitting the feed after it sank. Floating AM-500&600 rarely sinks as evidenced by feed floating to the shoreline. Uneaten AMax will float in my cages for 24 hrs.

Thanks Bill. When I resume feeding I'll try to shorten it. About the only thing I can do is go with one second per day. Either before sunrise, or shortly after sunset.
I was by the pond earlier today. The ice is completely gone. The water temp has climbed to 44 from 36 degrees. No ribbons on any branches. I will be back there on Wednesday, and check temps, and look for ribbons.
I'm still seeing 1,000s and 1,000s of bullfrog tadpoles. They never really hibernated, as I noticed them under the ice.
The pond is surrounded very closely by oaks, hickories, and hard maples. There is quite a layer of leaves on the bottom.
Thanks again

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023