Ok Guys, ewest and Dave, you two guys have way more experience than I do about our ponds. And your comments are not what I wanted to hear. smile I understand wildlife and fish management takes time. I just thought starting the management survey early would help me get to where I wanted to be in a more reasonable amount of time. Looks like 2 or 3 generations before I might see the results. And I was thinking I would be able to adjust direction at this early stage.
Ewest, 300 LMB 2" fingerlings added first week of last June. My one sample of lmb in Nov. produced a 13.5" lmb. I would expect a 15" lmb this March or April. And the Tp look to have died off @ the end of January. I saw few in the 2 to 3" size, most floaters were larger.
TFS, I have no idea if they spawned, I have tried using a casting net for surveys, but my casting produces few large circles when thrown. frown. Maybe Al(FIH) will join in to tell of his spring e shock survey. I hope he will see this. He has always been helpful here. I saw a picture he posted one time and there as a good looking net on a spool. I wonder if I could talk him into doing a net survey while I watched? Hehe smile He might not be interested or have the time. And like ewest, he wants me to get wet up to my head and pull a heavy net through the water, I think he might be laughing to himself, thinking "watch this" lol
Any more thoughts? How long does it take, before a person gets a real look into his water? In a LMB pond, Is an educated guess the norm?

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy