Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Who is selling the 500 gallon round tanks and how much are they getting for them if you don't mind me asking?

My apologies if you already covered that in the thread.

Big R chain in IN and IL. 500G Tank

They are structural foam just like the Rubbermaid tanks, really solid!! The two they had in Rochester, IN were full of ice at the time I was there, or I would have brought a couple home with me.

For $210.00, that's not a bad price. Big R had the lowest prices. Tanks are made in Wisconsin by Freeland Industries, which has been around for a long time. Nice people to talk to as well. I'll bet I could get a better deal factory direct if I picked up at the factory.

Yeah that's an awesome price. Thanks for the info! Only concern I might have is if it appears to have ribbing in the center bottom that might make it difficult to put in a center drain, or might cause settleable solids to build up against the ribbing. However I can't tell by the illustration if that would be an issue.

OTOH if the price is right there is always a work around.

I have a similar tank that is 8 feet 7 feet in diameter * I picked up used off of Ebay from a guy in Ohio that was playing around with sharks of all things. I use it for my outdoor summer system as it won't fit inside any of the doors to my basement. Works great! Fortunately even though there is ribbing it isn't in the center bottom and I was able to install a 3 inch center drain via a uniseal and pvc shower drain.

*My tank is actually 7 feet in diameter on the bottom and a little bigger on top as it tapers out. Same depth though but was too lazy to flip it over and measure the top.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/06/16 06:17 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.