Dones anyone know of a lake colorant that can be used in a pond where the lake water is used in a water treatment plant that supplies the home with water? I have a very effective water treatment plant to use the water from my 3 acre pond as treated household water. The water is treated with alum to remove the sediment, and then chlorine to remove bacteria. Next the water goes through two holding/settling tanks. After that it goes through a sand filter, an activated charcoal filter and a whole house filter system. The tap water is clean, good tasting and tests better than local "city" water for bacteria, etc.

However I've got algae and other things most of us read these posts to learn about. I have used cutrine plus for algae and diquat for duckweed. However, I'd much rather use something rather than cutrine or copper sulfate for the algae. Most people locally have great luck with lake colorants, however, none seem to be approved where the water is consumed.

Can you advise, is there a safe dye for that? Or can I assume, with all of those filters, etc., that my water will be safe?

BING

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,