Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Don, does your drive start left and then continue left, or does it start right of target, then slice back to the left?

Where does your most common "miss" with the driver go? Skull, pop up, low, high left, etc.

I certainly can't comment on corrections but personally, I like a heavier swing weight. Most of my drivers are/were in the E's.

I am a lefty so my shots start out to the right side of the fairway then to the left side. It is 100% a slice shoot. I have corrected it with changing my swing some but with playing baseball all my life/pull hitter its killing my golf game. I retired from baseball two years ago and have kept golfing to stay fit. When it do get lucky with a nice shot with still a good fade to it I can get 280. I can get this with the extra weights added to the heal of my head. This took my driver from a C-7 to D-2 and dropped my swing speed to 98. My thoughts are adding weights to the grip to bring the club back to a C-7 will bring my swing speed back but with it bring back my slice?

I am very consistent with every club. All my irons I just shoot to the very right edge of the green and will be bang on but can roll off the back left side because of the spin put onto the ball.

A all out miss hit is rare and when we are five beers deep.

I just wonder that if I can bring my swing speed back with a straighter shot I could hit 280 all the time. Here lies the brain cramp. My old old driver when I played baseball had a steel head and steel shaft. I expect it to be a D-6 and I could hit that straight as an arrow 280 and roll 290+. With these new graphite shafts and light toaster size heads they are all C. My thoughts are adding the weight to the head has gotten my slice pulled back again and adding more to the shaft again getting me back to my old heavy steel shaft steel head club. I think the feel/weight smooths out the arc or the swing and smoother tempo.

I am quite confident that my swing is ok and not to out of line. It still might be a little outside inside.

Trying to get my new graphite shaft driver to feel like my old steel shaft ,steel head driver. If I could get a steel shaft for my R1 I would.

Originally Posted By: djstauder
I was a hooker when I used to play golf... ahem... that didn't come out right. I mean that my golf shots with long irons and woods commonly hooked. I'd like to start playing again and walk the courses for exercise.

djstauder, if you hook the ball and do this all the time get the biggest golf grips you can. Keep adding tape under them until the hook gos away. This worked for my buddy and is a scratch golfer now. Big hands big grips.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.